Wednesday 30 November 2011

Time to go

Firstly, having said I would be posting more regularly, I’m very sorry that I havn’t. There has been so much going on here it’s been hard to find time to sit down at the computer.

The day has finally come where we depart. Myself and Tim Hewette who is part of the Guiding team here are setting out in one vehicle towing a sledge with a skidoo and fuel drums on board. The van is ready and fuelled, all the work is done (big thanks to Gunni for all his help and guidance with this) and I’m afraid this post is very short because we are literally needing to get rolling. Already a day behind schedule. If we have no major issues (which I’m sure we will) we hope to reach the Pole in between 6 and 8 days. I’m hugely excited but also very nervous. Not a lot else to say, will post again on my return after the centenary, due back to Union Glacier on the 16th of December. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Finn, congrats on 90S. Keep safe so you can tell us all about it! Best wishes, Bill Douglas

    ReplyDelete